On March 17th 2013, I will attempt to break a Guinness World Record at the LA Marathon. Since this will take place on St. Patrick’s Day, I will be completing the race dressed as the world famous Shamrock Shake!
I chose the Shamrock Shake for another important reason… In 1974, proceeds from Shamrock Shake sales funded the world’s first Ronald McDonald House! For more than 30 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has been providing a home-away-from-home for families with seriously ill children.
I hope you will consider donating to my run at the record. All donations will go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana. Together we can help make a big difference for families while doing something fun!
Here is what I’m going to do:
1. Attempt to break the Guinness World Record for Fastest Marathon Dressed as a Dairy Product
2. Drink a Shamrock Shake a day, up until the marathon (starting January 31st)
3. Eat only McDonald’s (once I start drinking the shakes) up until the marathon. Non-McDonald’s water, PowerGel, multivitamin and ibuprofen will be allowed (c’mon, I’m a runner)
4. Get back in marathon shape
5. Stay married. Remain #1 dad to my girl. Convince my family I’m not crazy.
6. Raise as much money as I can for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana
7. Have fun!